When your property doesn’t appear when you search for it during the registration process on trivago Business Studio, it could be because of the following reasons:
1) You need to partner with a booking site
Since trivago is a leading global hotel metasearch that helps travelers compare millions of hotel deals from hundreds of booking sites, you must first list your property on at least one booking site, such as Booking.com or Expedia, in order to be on trivago.
Please be aware, though, that having a profile on various booking sites isn't enough to be listed on trivago, because it's at their discretion to advertise a property’s room rates on trivago or not. The rates that they show on trivago are advertisement-sponsored links, which of course come at no cost to you or travelers.
When a booking site decides to advertise your room rates and availability on trivago, that will automatically trigger the creation of a profile for your property within approximately eight weeks. At that point, you'll then be able to claim your new profile by registering your property for free on trivago Business Studio.
Please note that our system doesn’t allow for the manual creation of a profile.
2) A technical setup is still in progress
If you’ve just started working with one or more booking sites, it’s possible that the process to link your property between the booking site and trivago hasn’t been completed yet. Keep in mind that this may take up to eight weeks.
However, our Customer Success team can double-check if there are any connection issues at this time. Here’s how you can reach out to them directly about this topic:
- Click on the Help button at the bottom right of this page
- Type “Registration” in the search field
- Click on Leave us a message
- Fill in all the fields of the short form. It’s essential to include your property’s name, address, and email address (this helps to speed up the response time to your request)
- Select Registration and adding my hotel to trivago from the drop-down menu under Topic
- Include the link to your profile on your partner booking sites with your message in the space under Description
- Click on Send when you’ve finished
The team will get in touch with you by email once they’ve received your message.
If after two months you notice that your property still doesn’t appear on trivago, please contact your partner booking sites and request that they help you increase your visibility on a variety of online channels.